Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

College Quick Tip: Show Your School Spirit!

Starting this week I'm going to be posting a "College Quick Tip" every week, along with my longer posts! So, lets start it off with some school spirit!

  • You'll get lots of free shirts during your time at college, collect as many as you can! They're great to wear on any jeans-and-t-shirt kind of day and perfect to wear to sporting events. Sometimes you'll end up with a massive extra large shirt, but they're still great for sleeping in or cutting up for art projects (like quilts and pillows). Or you can cut them up so that they fit better (check YouTube for tons of great how-to videos!)
  • Go to sporting events, even if you think you don't like sports. They can be really fun, I swear! Even if you don't really understand the rules you can still get really into the game.
  • Join a club like the pep band or spirit team, or whatever. You should join lots of clubs and organizations while in college, and this is a great place to start. You'll meet people from outside of your classes and residence halls and you'll have fun cheering on your team!

I joined my university's Pep Band my freshman year!
We just returned from the Big West basketball championship game.
We amped up our school spirit with music, chants, signs, and face paint!
Our team won!!!
My attempt at a fierce face! I need to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment